Cornrows braid ponytail is a hairstyle that has been around for centuries. It is a popular hairstyle among African American women, but it has gained popularity among women of all ethnicities. This hairstyle is versatile and can be worn on any occasion. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about cornrows braid ponytail.
What are Cornrows?
Cornrows are a traditional African hairstyle that involves braiding the hair close to the scalp in rows. The name “cornrows” comes from the similarity between the rows of braids and the rows of corn in a field. Cornrows can be styled in various ways, including braids, twists, and knots.
What is a Braid Ponytail?
A braid ponytail is a hairstyle that involves braiding the hair into a ponytail. The braid can be a simple three-strand braid, a French braid, or a Dutch braid. The ponytail can be styled in various ways, including a high ponytail, a low ponytail, or a side ponytail.
How to Create Cornrows Braid Ponytail
To create cornrows braid ponytail, you will need the following items:
- Hair gel or edge control
- Hair clips
- Hair elastics
- Bobby pins
Follow these steps to create cornrows braid ponytail:
- Start by parting the hair into sections. Use the end of the comb to create a straight part from the front of the hairline to the nape of the neck.
- Apply hair gel or edge control to the hairline to smooth any frizz and flyaways.
- Take a small section of hair from the front and divide it into three strands. Start braiding the hair by crossing the right strand over the middle strand, then the left strand over the middle strand.
- As you continue braiding, add small sections of hair to each strand before crossing it over the middle strand. This will create a cornrow braid.
- Braid the hair all the way to the nape of the neck and secure the braid with a hair elastic.
- Repeat steps 3-5 on the other side of the hair.
- Take the two braids and pull them towards the back of the head. Secure them together with a hair elastic to create a ponytail.
- Use bobby pins to tuck any loose ends of hair into the ponytail.
- Apply hair gel or edge control to the edges of the hair to smooth any frizz and flyaways.
- Style the ponytail as desired.
Tips for Maintaining Cornrows Braid Ponytail
To maintain cornrows braid ponytail, follow these tips:
- Wrap the hair in a silk or satin scarf at night to prevent frizz and breakage.
- Avoid using heavy products on the hair as they can weigh down the braids and cause tension on the scalp.
- Wash the hair every two weeks with a gentle shampoo and conditioner to prevent buildup.
- Do not leave the cornrows in for more than six weeks as it can cause tension on the scalp and damage the hair.
Cornrows braid ponytail is a timeless hairstyle that can be worn on any occasion. It is a versatile hairstyle that can be styled in various ways. By following the tips for maintaining cornrows braid ponytail, you can keep your hair healthy and prevent damage. Try this hairstyle today and see how it can transform your look.